About Linde :
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Job Overview :
The Plant Manager oversees the operations at the Delaware City HyCO facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the facility. This role is accountable for meeting variable cost and capital budget goals. The Plant Manager works with the other plants in the North HyCO Operations Enclave, along with the Maintenance and Reliability teams to ensure that the operating unit meets its reliability targets. The role ensures that the facility maintains compliance with all required governmental regulations. The Plant Manager meets regularly with the facility’s host customer to provide updates on operational activities.
The Delaware City facility consists of a steam methane reformer and associated equipment. There are 5 operations and 3 support staff reporting to the Plant Manager.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Ensure that employees are fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of Praxair Safety and Quality systems
- Lead reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensure required government and/or environmental regulations are met
- Accountable for continuously working to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Ensure decisions are guided by policies, procedures and senior management's direction related to the business plan
- Manage and escalate as required, equipment, product quality and delivery issues
- Monitor production/manpower levels to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting with developing contingencies
- Manage employee performance by setting expectations, and by providing guidance, feedback, and development for career progression and performance improvement
- Maximize reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers
- Drive improvements in productivity leading to cost savings
- Drive improvement in the safety culture at the facility
- Ensure that the facility completes compliance related items (PHA, RCA,etc.) in a timely manner
- Effectively coaching operations to complete PM’s, CM’s and maintaining plant equipment
- Work within the matrix organization to enlist assistance from support groups
- Adhere to all Corporate and plant policies including OSHA PSM, EPA RMP, and TECQ air, water, and waste regulations
- Develop team building utilizing Performance Management Process, training path for direct reports and feedback sessions.
- 10 years’ experience in a Chemical/Petrochemical plant environment including production, distribution, safety, and/or plant maintenanc
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management standards and procedures governing safe operation of EPA RMP and PSM covered facilitie
- Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5 years’ experience directly managing and developing employees preferred
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cost Reduction
- Hardworking And Dedicated