Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. [ Link removed ] Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Services, Inc., the exclusive O.E.M. service provider for ASCO Power Technologies, the industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, has an exciting career opportunity for a Field Service Technician for the organization based out of Kansas City.
A Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for providing preventative maintenance and repair services on ASCO equipment located at the customer’s establishment. The FST1 is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
Field Service Technicians are responsible for delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support/coverage as per business needs.
Maintenance and repair of Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS):
- Demonstrate basic ATS knowledge, understanding of the sequence of operation and elementary diagram
- Demonstrate an understanding of a one line diagram
- Demonstrate the ability to independently perform startup on all ASCO ATS models, excluding closed transition, softload and medium voltage (MV).
- Demonstrate the ability to connect and communicate with a laptop to download control panel settings and upload firmware upgrades
- Report to jobsite under the instruction of an experienced Field Service Technician to receive on the job training for ATS maintenance, ATS troubleshooting and repair, and ATS start ups
Service Administration and Reporting:
- Adhere to the Field Operations Employee Handbook, the Field Safety Manual, and the Fleet Vehicle Policy
- Adhere to ASCO’s professional dress code thereby representing ASCO Services appropriately
- Arrive promptly at workplace and customer sites
Complete all training requirements:
Automated External Defibrillator