Is service mind and customer support part of your DNA? Then you might be our new Field Service Engineer!
You’re always looking to develop yourself and learn more about new control systems and software. You enjoy working with the latest digital technology and tools while helping our customers reduce maintenance costs and secure better reliability.
By joining us, you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities.
You will also be part of a growing and leading global supplier of products, services and solutions for process-related operations and will provide high level technical support to our largest customers in south Norway.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Stavanger, Norway!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by advising our customers on preventive maintenance and configurations which may impact their product performance
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business
- Take care of System Installation, Upgrades, Configuration & Commissioning
- Actively work to ensure that quality processes and instructions are being adhered to
- Look for new service sales business opportunities and provide leads to the sales department
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Degree in engineering or degree in control & process automation (Minimum “Teknisk Fagskole” or “Automatiker fagbrev” with experience)
- Minimum 1 year of experience from Process Industry is preferred
- Experience from Oil & Gas industry is preferred
- Product and Application knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience with configuration of control systems would be an advantage
- Off-shore certificate is beneficial
- Fluent Norwegian and English level
- Driver’s license for car
- Willingness to travel, work off-shore and on-call availability
WHO YOU ARE:
You a positive person who believes collaboration is the key to success, you are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity.
You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Field Service Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
GET TO KNOW US:
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at [ Link removed ]
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.