Requisition ID: 125312
Job Level: Entry Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you an operations minded individual who enjoys numbers and solving problems? Are you looking for a rapid professional growth environment in an evolving department? How about a position that will prepare you for an operations support accounting role – a contributor to the bottom line – and a future opportunity to relocate?
Look no further.
As a staff accountant on the Capital Assets team, you will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger activities used to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements along with ad hoc management reporting responsibilities. You’ll typically have a wide-ranging division of responsibilities, which include supporting field and corporate leadership, construction partners and customers, as well as internal/external auditors. You will constantly interact with other home office groups such as equipment and real estate, as well as, other accounting /finance home office departments such as project and financial accounting, internal audit, and operations management support. Rotational and “guest” opportunities are also possible in those departments. Kiewit is proud of a culture of meritocracy, where only your ambition, curiosity, and passion for learning will limit your advancement opportunities.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of Omaha, NE. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
- Complete Intercompany sales/transfers of equipment
- Capitalize and maintain assets
- Post operational and financial equipment rent
- Track Asset Under Construction cost and place assets into service
- Work effectively with home office and field personnel to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financial ledger
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial statements
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Reconcile operational results to financial results and report to leadership
- Project anticipated financial results
- Provide support to outside partners and internal/external auditors
- Coordination of lease payments and receivables
- Ensures FASB 842 compliance on new and existing leases
- Manages billing of monthly statistical rent
- Audits monthly rental charges
- Maintains property insurance certificates
- Respond to ad hoc requests made by Management
- Assist in special projects
This position suits a self-starter with initiative, curiosity, and a desire to learn. You must be proactive in seeking developmental opportunities and additional responsibilities as they present themselves. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and can build professional relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within Kiewit and our partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of related experience
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- General knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze underlying principles, reasons or facts surrounding financial information
- “Do what it takes” attitude. Ability to work smart to meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator. Ability to provide information to stakeholders clearly and accurately
- Ability to respond quickly to feedback
- Proficient in learning new accounting systems and the ability to comfortably and efficiently navigate within them
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers and the ability to maintain these relationships over time
- Willingness to relocate in the future
- CPA eligible preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerBI, and Tableau preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Accounting Systems