An innovative Renewable Technology company are seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to join their offshore renewable energy device development team. The successful candidate will work with the design and development team and external contractors and will be responsible for managing the development, supply, and commissioning of the structural and mooring systems for a large sea-going prototype of their wave energy converter. The role is multidisciplined and will involve project and contract management, technical liaison, mechanical and structural engineering, design for construction/O&M. In the longer term, the successful candidate may also support the commercialisation of the company's technologies.
* Project management of the development and construction of large floating structures, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors
* Project managing the design for manufacturing process and the operations and maintenance process.
* Support the structural & mooring systems manufacture, commissioning and testing. This is likely to involve attending onshore/offshore trials, acceptance checks, commissioning and testing.
* Act as a Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and manufacturers.
* Prepare requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
* Prepare technical, project and quality documentation including; specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans, etc.
* Provide technical input and advice relating to the design and construction of structural systems and components.
* Some technical analyses may be required utilising various CAE methods and tools.
* Some cost analysis and technical input to risk analysis process.
* A Degree in Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or related discipline.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar technical/project engineering role.
* Excellent mechanical design capabilities and a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales.
* A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
* Valid UK Driving Licence.
* Good experience in the design and construction of large steel fabrications and assemblies.
* Experience of fatigue analysis.
* Knowledge of corrosion protection approaches.
* Experience in mooring system design.
* Experience working in the marine/marine renewable energy industry.
* Ability to use CAE systems for structural analysis.
* Good experience in structural codes and standards.
The opportunity to work with an innovative renewable technology company who are ever growing and setting examples for the future energy market, who offer a friendly and social culture along with a competitive remuneration package plus pension contribution and a generous holiday allowance.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Quality Assurance
- Manufacturing Processes
- Systems Design