Reporting to: ITC Manager
Location: Hassi Massaud, Algeria
Employment Type: Contract. Rotational role (28 days on, 28 days off)
The Project and Performance lead develop and maintain performance metrics and measures, work with ITC cost controllers to manage ITC financials. Supervise Project Managers and maintain the project portfolio processes. As part of the extended ITC management team, manage specific tasks, activities and projects on behalf of the department. You will support and maintain risk assessments and Ambition2Action processes. The successful candidate will also help to develop and improve operational processes for service management (ITIL).
Own and manage the projects portfolio
- Capture and record project requests (portfolio hopper)
- Prioritise project demand in accordance with agreed budget
- Work with 3rd party providers to deliver projects
- Together with CAM's ensure purchase orders and contracts are raised
- Manage a group of PM's to deliver agreed projects
- Allocate and prioritize resources across the projects together with team leaders
Manage the ITC projects budget (both CAPEX and OPEX)
Ensure projects are delivered to agreed ITC standards, follow the ITC project methodology and adhere to site working practices (eg MoC).
Leads efforts in developing/improving process, procedures, and documentation for all aspects of ITC project and performance processes
Maintain and update ITC risk register and mitigation activities with input from team leads and project managers.
Create and update monthly reports to Ambtion2Action and work with ITC management and Performance lead to improve KPI and metrics.
Provide regular status reports to all stakeholders
If required, act as Project Manager for smaller projects / tasks.
Support and guides ITC operation in developing the service management processes.
Provide support to on-site ITC management team
- Be a key contributor to the extended ITC management team
- Provide support and assistance in delivery of specific tasks and objectives of the ITC management team
- Experience: 10 years of IT administration and ITC project management
- Strong financial management skills
- Relevant project and service management knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas: Project management, Service design, Portfolio management, ITIL framework and Risk management.
- Hold a broad range of skills in IT/Telecomms and management processes and delivery
- Contract management and working with 3rd party suppliers
- English speaking
- Able to work accurately and independently and to lead a multi-cultural team
- French / Arabic speaking
- Prince2 Foundation or above
- ITIL v3 - Foundation or higher
- Lean methodology
- Scrum and Canban methodology
- O365 and cloud
- Demonstrated experience helping an organization successfully improving project management capabilities
Background in the some or all of the following areas;
- Infrastructure and work (servers, storage)
- PC environment
- Service Management
- Ability to facilitate customer meetings to gather requirements and provide thought provoking solution recommendations and review periodic progress reports with stakeholders
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team project environment
- Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to collaborate with clients (including executive level), and have a strong desire to excel
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Service Design
- P Rojects In Controlled Environments Version 2 (Prince2)
- Risk Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Libraries
- Arabic Language
- French Languages