Join us as a Systems Program Manager. You’re talented and adaptable. That’s why you’ll fit in.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions. Job Description
The key focus of the role is to both enhance and support IM (Information Management)Tools and Systems in-line with the Anglo American Marketing Roadmap & Architecture.
- Construction & Maintenance of a Roadmap & Architectural Transition Vision that can be articulated clearly to Business Stakeholders and give clear direction to IM teams tasked with its implementation.
- Be a key influencer in the prioritisation process with senior management, where key drivers may include Safety, Security, Audit, P&L or software performance factors.
- Ensure that Global Stakeholders are kept abreast of project progress and conflicts & issues via the chairing of committees such as working groups and steering meetings. This includes ensuring that any systems falling within the remit of the role remain compliant and fulfil any audit requirements that Anglo must comply with, both internal and external
- Thought leadership – drive workshops and sessions that look to innovate using emerging technologies or business processes. This includes providing SME knowledge both from a business or technical perspective should the Support Team escalate BAU or operational issues/incidents.
- Work with external vendors and manage scope of new work, change requests and opex budgets. Be ‘hands on’ should the project needs arise, which may involve doing detailed technical or business analysis, configuring tools, testing creating prototypes or ‘proof of concepts’.
- Track record in either Project Management or Program Management held in either a commodities environment or related physical/financial institution.
SME knowledge of a commodities value chain (Inc. Trade lifecycle), end to end from Production through to Shipping (Inc. Contract to cash) essential
Proven ability to design and construct a system via creating models that help others to understand the design of the system.
- Extensive experience of both the implantation & enhancement of CTRM/ERTM systems in a related industry, eg: Endur, Triplepoint, Aspect.
Good working knowledge of RDBMS systems and an appreciation for NoSQL/ Big data implementations OR have implemented solutions using the Microsoft Stack of technologies to include, Azure, PowerBI, C#, SQL Server, Angular, REST
- Exceptional influencer with the ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve required outcomes. Ability to facilitate agreement and co-operation using a diplomatic and open approach.
- Undergraduate qualification (Bachelor's degree or equivalent), ideally in a technical degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Pure Science)
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.