Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 961800298.
Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager to join our team located in Lopatcong, NJ.
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering project management and engineering services to support process and specialty gas operating facilities. The projects involve a high level of integration with existing plant operations and lend themselves to a "hands on" style to resolve problems. The position requires organization, planning, and leadership skills with broad knowledge of many engineering disciplines.
Projects include facilities modification, process improvement, productivity projects, code compliance, and new product development. This position will be responsible to plan, justify, and execute projects. This person is responsible for overall project cost, schedule, and deliverables of projects from design to start-up. This person will coordinate and collaborate with safety, operations, R&D, and engineering as necessary to ensure a positive outcome for each project. Where appropriate, supervises contractors, engineers, and drafting specialists to complete projects and proposals.
Works independently and makes decisions based an awareness of viability, cost, and business purpose. Manage contractors for field installation of projects to ensure best price and quality. Develops and implements innovative solutions.
The Project Manager will primarily provide support to operating facilities in the gulf coast geographic region and will support other regions as needed.
- Manages multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Prepares detailed project plans and controls elements of the plan.
- Analyzes costs and benefits and recommends solutions.
- Clearly and effectively communicates and reports project status to senior
management and business leaders.
- Anticipates problems and develops contingencies. Makes required adjustments to keep projects on course.
- Influences team members and promotes ideas to improve design practices
- Ensures all work is being performed in accordance with project and industry safe work practices.
- Monitors project engineering and construction phase for compliance with contracts and all applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Identifies the correct resources, wherever they reside, to ensure project success.
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiency improvements in the facilities and is a key person in spotting potential future safety and quality issues in the plants.
- Manage project change controls.
- Manages project risk.
- Enforces applicable engineering, safety, and quality standards.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership abilities, particularly in process safety
- Operations, maintenance, and capital projects experience
- Experience with Automated Controls Systems and Programming
- High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented and can work independently and as a leader or participant on a team.
- Experience creating mechanical drawings for equipment and related drawings using AutoCAD
- Must be able to become proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- 6-12 years of experience in project management and/or engineering disciplines
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline Required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Efficiency
- Business Process Improvement