Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Job Summary: The CMMS/Inventory Coordinator is responsible for all procurement activity associated with Maintenance, Repair and Operations parts (MRO) and for the overall effective execution of MRO inventory management. This individual will also provide technical and operational support and training to the facility for CMMS/Maximo and be the central point of contact at the site for development and administration of the CMMS system.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Establish relationships with suppliers for continuous sources of supply, monitor contracts with suppliers where applicable, determine reasonable pricing with vendors and identify the vendors with best bids based on acceptable specifications.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and purchase orders, maintain purchasing records, reports and files, analyze usage activities or trends, order supplies, materials and equipment.
- Determine and maintain acceptable inventory levels based on use, maintain product specifications, receive purchased items and perform the necessary functions when problems arise with shipment.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all internal departments, associates, external vendors and customers. Adequately respond to the changes in systems, policies and procedures as determined by the financial requirements and standards.
- Coordinates Warehouse inventory/inventory control, inventory planning and scheduling as needed and Maintenance PM Development as needed.
- Responsible for the organization and management of inventoried spares, ensure spares inventory is fully capable and functional in its layout and capacity to adequately support material needs of Maintenance and Operations, maintain spare parts inventory for site Maintenance and Production requirements.
- Receive incoming material shipments, verify appropriate receipt and Quality Control (QC) inspections are completed in a timely manner and appropriate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) transactions are made to complete the receiving process.
- Ensure equipment and materials on site are stored properly, inspected and cared for through general material handling and warehousing principles, utilize an effective Lay-up Maintenance Program, Shelf-Life Program and accomplishment of Inventory Cycle Counts on Physical Inventories.
- Stage material support Maintenance Work Orders and Planning, ensure timely delivery of materials to shop or maintenance sites, prepare for shipment items as required and prepare materials for processing as scrap.
- Arrange the packaging and completion of required documentation to support shipping of materials from the site to vendor shops or manufacturer repair facilities.
- Administers the site MAXIMO/CMMS program, perform operations in the CMMS to ensure proper entry of each transaction representing receipt, issue, movement, shipment and handling of materials.
- Maintain MAXIMO system integrity and requirements, train site personnel on MAXIMO use.
- Facilitate site upgrades as necessary to MAXIMO software/hardware in collaboration with both internal and external entities as needed.
- Interface with IT/vendor for site specific MAXIMO/CMMS issues.
- Develop and implement additional MAXIMO reporting, tracking and purchasing functions as required for the site.
- Conduct regular audits of CMMS transactions.
- High School Diploma required, Associates or higher degree desired
- 1-3 years purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
- Purchasing knowledge of manufacturing tools and equipment
- Material Handling experience desired
- Prior knowledge of MAXIMO/CMMS systems and principles & practices of Warehousing
- Effective communication, interpersonal, & training skills and high degree of computer literacy
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to be certified as a forklift/ reach truck mobile equipment operator
- Work productively under time constraints and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems & understanding of PO systems
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of the proper use of Work Orders, priorities and schedules
- Ability to work in a team environment, fully support the goals and objectives of the Maintenance and Operations efforts
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Product Quality Assurance
- Inventory Control
- Packaging And Labeling
- Quality Management