At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
- Under direction, is responsible in a line capacity to the Supervisor and in a functional capacity, when assigned, to other engineering personnel.
- Has direct contact and/or contractual negotiations with customers.
- Has no supervisory function, however, may direct the work of personnel equal to or lower classification as requested by Supervisor.
- Assists in the training of other personnel as required.
- Work assignments are generally in the office but could also involve time in the field.
- Conduct Quality Inspections of Contract work at the request of Supervision
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Perform engineering computer design related activities required to meet internal/external customer requests for engineering services
- Develop construction job packages for all job types of work as assigned for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the input of graphical designs in the applicable company Graphical Work Design System.
- Responsible for input of design information into the applicable company work management system.
- Develop material requisitions and determine construction hours to perform work.
- Conduct meetings with customers to ensure understanding of work to be performed by both customer and company.
- Assists in the job closing and posting process as necessary.
- Interpret and understand internal/external engineering construction plans including specifications and materials. Such as plot plans, line and grade plans, cross section detail, job construction details, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of what documents/forms are needed to acquire rights of way, permission or coordination with other utilities, agencies or customers that may be needed to successfully complete a job.
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of company agreements with other utilities and municipalities.
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of company engineering policy and procedures, mapping standards, standards manuals, budgeting and accounting systems, tariffs, etc.
- Understanding of the NESC, Company Safety Rules, or any other Safety Regulations (Local, State, or National) that are applicable.
- Review the construction work package for design, material and cost accuracy.
- Performing other related duties of equal or lesser skill.
- Performing emergency restoration (second roles) as required based on qualifications and training.
- Performs all related activities related to the mapping of our GIS/GWD system.
- Minimum 2-year Computer Science degree/Minor GIS/GWD/CAD
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design such as Graphical Work Design, Geographical Information Systems such as ESRI, Small World, CAD, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Must possess good communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction plans and/or engineering drawings
- Experience following technical instructions or procedures (for example, operating procedures, standards, code requirements, specifications).
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
- Ability and willingness to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and company regulations.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various Company locations and work sites.
- Most possess a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass qualification tests.
- Employee must be able to pass test prior to Company awarding job. Must pass progression tests when developed. Failure to pass progression tests at any point will require remaining at the existing step of salary progression, with the employee eligible for retesting within the next six (6) months.
- Failure to pass any test a second time will result in the employee being reassigned to any entry level bargaining unit position.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
URL blocked - click to apply
- Accounting Systems
- Esri Gis (Software)
- Financial Management