[ Link removed ] is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position will manage a team of underwriters and have responsibility for the build-out and leadership of multiple underwriting portfolios within the Professional Liability business segment as part of NextEra Energy’s insurance strategic initiative. This employee will manage customer and broker relationships, and have Profit and Loss financial results responsibility over their organization. The Professional Liability segments of business may include Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Mergers and Acquisitions/Representations and Warranties, Cyber, Management Liability, Medical/Healthcare Related Professionals; and others to compliment this product line segment.
This position will manage a team of underwriters and/or actuaries, and have responsibility for multiple underwriting books of business. This employee would manage customer and broker relationships, and have budget authority over their organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages profitable book of business by implementing underwriting decisions (in compliance with state laws and company guidelines), evaluating results and conducting portfolio reviews
- Reviews integrated pictures of factors that affect profitability, growth, retention prepared by subordinates and recommends, implements and monitors necessary action plans
- Reviews analysis and reports to management and executive management
- Makes underwriting decisions to accept, decline or modify risks within assigned underwriting authority level in partnership with management team
- Executes underwriting strategy, including portfolio management and self-audits
- Regularly travels to key accounts and remains a visible presence in the marketplace by participating in industry events and/or committees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 10+ years specialty underwriting
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 4+ years
- Master's Degree
- Certification: American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter(AICPCU) or Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU), or equivalent
- Experience: Excess and surplus underwriting
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Registered Professional Liability Underwriter