Job Description: Senior Quality Engineer
Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Senior Manager, Quality and will be based in Sunnyvale Office.
This role is to provide Quality Support for Sunnyvale Production facilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable projects, creating logical plans and schedules for others in the team to achieve the organizations goals.
- Conduct investigations to identify root cause of problems and implement effective corrective actions.
- Use a data-driven approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Lead on-going process improvements.
- Identify and evaluate fundamental issues with product quality, providing strategy and direction for improvement in functional areas of manufacturing.
- Issue Nonconforming Material Reports and Quality Alerts as necessary, ensuring effective Corrective Actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Evaluate product quality and performance using techniques such as FMEA, HALT, DFQ, and DMAIC.
- Experience in reliability methods, statistical process control, and quality measurement methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and manufacturing to develop control plans and parameters to ensure high process reliability.
- Provide Quality Engineering support for 24x7 operation.
- Successfully manage multiple competing projects and meet deliverable deadlines amid changing requirements.
- Provide regular reports and actively participate in engineering and production meetings.
- Support qualification of new technologies to meet the manufacturing ramp.
Skills and Experience:
- BS in Engineering discipline (ME preferred).
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to solve problems and assume a leadership role with cross-functional peers.
- Experience using a disciplined new product introduction process (e.g. Phase Gate).
- Understanding of PFMEA and DFMEA.
- Ability to take a complicated technical concept and translate it for non-technical stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of product lifecycle.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Familiar with SPC techniques for monitoring quality performance.
- Strong working knowledge of quality and reliability concepts.
- Must possess the ability to quickly react to changing business demands, aggressive deadlines, and demanding hours in a fast paced environment.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: [ Link removed ] .
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Statistical Process Controls
Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis
Product Quality Assurance
Continuous Improvement Process