UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
This position develops and maintains all emergency management and business continuity plans. Manages relationships with external emergency management organizations (PEMA, LCEMA, 911) and first responders. Develops and provides training for emergency response activities. Develop and maintain compliance plans relative to physical security and emergency operations. Key member of Electric’s emergency response team and represents Electric on various external groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain all emergency management and business continuity plans (Storm Response, Pandemic, Major Equipment Failure, Control Center Evacuation etc.). Identify industry best practices relative to emergency management and integrate into Electric’s plans.
- Develop, maintain and provide training for emergency response. Manage relationships with external emergency management organizations and first responders. Develop and conduct drills to ensure performance of emergency management plans. Lead the Electric Division Storm Response group. Represent Electric on various external emergency management organizations.
- Develop and maintain compliance plans for NERC, state and federal regulations relative to emergency operations and physical security. Identify tools or develop tools to assist with predicting storm impacts to the Electric Division. Perform post event analysis to develop lessons learned. Collaborate with Reliability, Planning and System Operations to identify system improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Incident Command Structure. Familiar with the principles of Emergency Management. Knowledge of Electric Outage Management System and restoration process.
- Knowledge of the electrical code, power plant operations, federal and state utility regulations with regard to service interruptions. Knowledge of computer technology. Knowledge of UGI service territory. Knowledge of DOJM Work Management system. Knowledge of SAP and PowerPLAN.
- Company Safety Rules, Operating Instructions, as well as PJM Operating Instructions.
- Familiar with PJM practices and TO/TOP Matrix.
- Familiar with NERC Compliance standards & PUC regulations.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in a Technical Discipline or Emergency Management.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years emergency planning or utility experience.
- Ability to obtain FEMA EMI Certification.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Incident Command Systems