You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
We’re looking for a Senior Naval Architect to join our growing Naval Architecture team in London. Our business has worked in the offshore industry for more than 40 years. We’ve taken on and helped to successfully deliver some of the largest and most complex offshore structures and have been at the forefront of some of the industry’s most pioneering innovations.
You would join Kent’s UK based team of 14 Naval Architects and be part of our global community of over 25 Naval Architects. We work closely with our international Naval Architecture teams in Houston and Perth (Australia), providing our team a huge range of opportunities and access to unrivalled technical expertise. We have a RINA accredited graduate scheme and regularly support our junior engineers through the chartership process.
Kent are at the forefront of floating wind technology, having been involved in concept, FEED, detailed design and project support for FOWTIs including Hexicon - Dounreay Tri, Cobra - Kincardine, Equinor - Hywind, Floating Energy Systems - Drop Keel. These cutting-edge projects require Naval Architects who have the ability to solve complex problems and who are comfortable working on unconventional design, outside of the comfort of established codes, standards and practices. Floating wind is a rapidly growing sector for us and now makes up the majority of our workload.
The Naval Architecture team typically work on tasks throughout the product lifecycle covering aspects including, concept design, FEED and detail design, fabrication support, in-operation integrity management and decommissioning.
With the support of the London team you could find yourself leading some of the following tasks:
• Design and analysis of floating and fixed offshore structures including: floating offshore wind turbines, fixed offshore wind turbines, FPSO/FLNG vessels and semi-submersibles.
• Delivering projects such as those recently undertaken; Kincardine and Dounreay Tri floating offshore wind farms, Shell Prelude FLNG assessment, Ichthys mooring reliability, Jacket or Monopile offshore wind substructures, such as Beatrice & Triton Knoll offshore wind farms.
• Consultancy projects such technology selection and cost estimation for floating wind farms.
• Helping to deliver our cutting-edge innovation and thought leadership projects to ensure we continue to lead the industry and deliver value to our clients.
• Maintaining existing and creating new client relationships through: tender development and delivery of new work into the team
• Guiding and mentoring the next generation of Naval Architects.
• Developing innovative solutions to new and existing problems.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Analysis of vessels and offshore structures using techniques including - hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, structural assessments.
• Working knowledge of relevant codes and software: (AQWA, SESAM, OrcaFlex, Bladed).
• Chartered or working towards chartership (RINA, IMechE or other professional bodies).
• Experience in a consulting environment is desirable.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Concept Arts
- Cost Modelling
Job ID: 4273