The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing industrial machining equipment and general building maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility. This role also serves on the emergency response team and responds to fire, weather and spill emergencies. AS A MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, YOU WILL:
- Perform necessary repairs and diagnose problems with forklifts and various manufacturing equipment to ensure that adequate machinery is available for production operations
- Troubleshoot/repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic production equipment using equipment manuals and documentation,
- Respond to all equipment reports and record actions/repairs taken in repair log
- Perform general building maintenance and repair such as: installing and maintaining piping systems and plumbing, maintaining HVAC systems, drywall installation, painting, and light carpentry
- Design/fabricate parts, safety systems, and equipment using use a variety of tools, such as: drills, mills, grinders, lathes and welding equipment
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on equipment and maintain PM log within internal ERP software
- Create and maintain a spare parts inventory to mitigate downtime and reorder when a minimum quantity is reached
- Conduct scheduled inspections, specialty construction projects and troubleshooting other equipment contained therein
- Purchase tools and other equipment from vendors to perform required duties
- Review and sign off on waste manifests adhering to government regulations
- Must maintain the following annual certifications: 1st aid, CPR and AED as required, NFPA 70E Arc Flash Safety, in-house SWPPP
- Must maintain triennial certification in DOT hazardous materials handling
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma, GED, or demonstrated ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a high school level
- Maintenance Technician certification or 3 years experience maintaining industrial machinery
- Demonstrated ability to read micrometers and calipers as well as use various hand/power tools
- Ability to read and understand circuitry, equipment, machinery and build prints and diagrams
- Ability to record performance and keep accurate maintenance records
- Experience operating a forklift and ability to pass a written exam and driving demonstration
- Familiar with Safety EPA & OSHA procedures
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Associates Degree in relevant technical discipline and 5 years of experience in maintenance field
- Documented PLC training from an accredited institution or 5 years experience with PLC and Instrumentation and Control systems
- Licensed Electrician, Plumber and/or HVAC/R Contractor
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)