Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 961800298.
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to join our team located in Pittsburg, CA.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and assisting plant management in the areas of customer service, production, manufacturing, quality, safety, compliance, training, and maintenance.
Assistant Plant Manager
- Directs and manages the overall production plan to meet demand of internal and external customers. This includes supervising the day-to-day operations of the production teams
- Leads reliability, compliance, quality, and safety programs; ensure required government and/or environmental regulations are met.
- Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communication and development of teams
- Ensures personnel is fully trained in, committed to, and conducts their activities in accordance with all aspects of Linde Safety and Quality systems and requirements,
- Coordinates all quality and safety training for market area employees and maintains required records
- Evaluates performance against production goals and adjusts allocations of resources as needed to optimize quality and cost efficiency of operations
- Identifies issues and leads improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc., reporting all activities to plant management
- Manages and escalates equipment and product quality issues
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production and distribution supplies
- Leads 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identifies ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Manages direct reports and assigns work to personnel when needed. Provides coaching and training and is accountable for performance evaluation
- Monitor and track purchases to ensure operation costs are within budget
- Collaborates with Plant Manager and sets strategic goals and vision for the plant
- Backup plant manager
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- 3 years experience in an industrial plant environment required
- 2 years managing and developing employees required
- Experience working and/or managing in a union environment preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Operational Excellence