URL blocked - click to apply
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. Our record of successfully providing safe, innovative, economic and sustainable solutions on [ Link removed ] , including High Speed 2, Phase One in the UK, Ethihad Rail in the UAE, Victorian Rail Infrastructure Program in Melbourne and Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit in Malaysia – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us. Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Based in Perth and reporting to the WA Transport Infrastructure Leader, the primary focus of this role will include delivering of a wide range of bridge and structural engineering design and drawing deliverables, for bridges. There will be a strong focus on bridges, 3D (Revit) drafting and BIM implementation.
Duties will include;
- Liaise with the discipline engineers to develop the project design concepts in line with client standards and project requirements and deadlines
- Assist design engineers to select the most appropriate technical solution
- Work with design engineers to ensure all design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies, practices and QA requirements.
- Where applicable, extract appropriate detail from vendor information for incorporation into drawings for design review
- Process the approved design concepts into facility specific drawings
- Produce standard details and typical drawings for review and approval by Jacobs engineers and the client, so as to set the ground rules for the roll out of the design
- Ensure delivery of projects to meet client requirements as directed by lead structural engineers and project managers
- Liaise with internal and external clients as required
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate;
- Relevant trade experience and trade certificates, diploma or equivalent
- Broad structural drafting experience including buildings and bridges infrastructure
- Recent experience in the documentation of a variety of projects
- A high level of experience and proficiency with CAD design software; BIM (and Revit) is essential and experience with AutoCAD and Microstation is essential
- An understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of documentation within budget, program and quality constraints
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
#LI-KH1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport #ANZBridges
Computer Aided Design