Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This Regulatory Professional position offers the opportunity to work on upgrading and modernizing nuclear power plants with modern digital technologies. You will be expected to support small and large digital projects with a focus on regulatory issues and licensing. These projects will require coordination with mechanical, electrical, and structural disciplines.
Your work will include investigating and resolving a wide variety of controls engineering issues, including the following:
- Development, support, and review of 10 CFR 50.59 applicability reviews, screenings and evaluations with a focus on NEI 96-07 (including newly approved guidance for digital projects outlined in NEI 96-07 Appendix D), and NRC RIS 2002-22, Supplement 1.
- Provide regulatory expertise to develop and review documents for submittal and presentation to the NRC, other regulatory agencies or clients, with accountability for accuracy and completeness of these documents.
- Prepare documents for large and complex digital nuclear license amendment requests.
- Provide input to project/program work schedule regarding the duration/scope of regulatory issues and the time/scope/effort involved in resolving them in order to implement the project.
- Support/review studies, conceptual designs and plant modification packages for impact on the client\u2019s licensing basis.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering (or related engineering discipline) from an ABET accredited program,
- 10 or more years of experience in the design of instrumentation and controls systems for commercial nuclear applications, with a focus on integrated and detailed system design modifications and licensing documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, regulatory agencies, and the regulatory processes supporting design and licensing of nuclear plants including the documentation that supports these processes
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear power plant design and operations,
- Professional Engineering license is preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate both in speech and written formats
- Technical familiarity with commercially available digital control and safety systems, especially in nuclear applications
- Experience with serving as a client liaison in a support or lead engineering role
- Experience in reviewing design documentation (e.g. electrical schematic and P&ID drawings, nuclear plant design change packages, etc.)
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary design team
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Electrical Diagrams
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Nuclear Engineering