Requisition ID: 136499
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Quality Coordinator, you will report directly to the Quality Manager, and will administer the Company Quality Plan. In this role, you will be responsible for assuring that quality standards and procedures are disseminated and implemented throughout the company. You will perform and report on internal quality system audits and assists in the overall administration of the internal audit program.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. They serve the construction and mining industries and operate in Eastern Canada.
Kiewit's Eastern Canada District has several projects from Atlantic Canada to Quebec and Ontario and into Northern Canada, including in major metropolitan areas such as Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Kingston among others. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for:
- Applying the Inspection and Test Plans on all works,
- Inspecting the construction operations currently taking place in collaboration with Operations,
- Validating the conformity of the works at hold points using checklists.
- Making sure that checklists are being used to help build right the first time & closed within 48 hours,
- Identifying non-conforming work or other issues to the Quality Manager and Operations,
- Issuing CRs and NCRs while participating in the closure of the applicable issues,
- Ensuring that the reception of materials is implemented as per requirements,
- Ensuring that the Field Engineers verify that the material delivered is properly stored while avoiding damaging and altering materials as per the manufacturer's recommendations, and
- Reviewing the ITP Inspection Notification Log and ensuring that inspection notifications are properly recorded.
In regards to Subcontractors, the Quality Control Inspector is responsible for:
- Taking on a role of QA in regards to subcontractor quality management,
- Performing sporadic audits of quality records to validate that subcontractor QC is effective,
- Ensuring that ITPs are implemented as per requirements,
- Ensuring that checklists are utilized as required by the contract,
- Ensuring that the testing frequency for compaction and concrete testing is requested, and
- Ensuring that all pertinent information is being recorded in testing.
In regards to Suppliers, the Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for:
- Collaborating with the supplier to identify Quality requirements,
- Performing Quality Kick-Off meetings with the supplier to explain projet Quality Management,
- Auditing the supplier to determine if required Quality records submitted,
- Participating in weekly coordination meetings to resolve Quality issues, and
- Ensuring that all Quality issues are resolved before the release of the final payment.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of related experience in Quality preferably within a heavy civil and industrial contractor and/or an engineering/quality consultancy.
• Experience in a project management type environment; specific experience in Kiewit-related projects such as mass transit, transportation, power, oil & gas, mining and heavy industrial would be an asset
• ASQ Audit certification is preferred.
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications required
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to quality, safety, ethics, and integrity.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- (American Society For Quality) Asq Certified
- Attention To Detail