Cleveland-Cliffs Cleveland Works has an immediate opening for an Engineer in the Quality Division. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but are not all-inclusive. Cleveland Cliffs Cleveland Works produces galvanized and galvannealed coated products for automotive, appliance and other markets. This position is within the Quality department for the evaluation and disposition of held material.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Product disposition for hot bands for winding and surface
- Customer Support for slab customer
- Continuous improvement activities within Operating department
- Development support for new applications and markets
- Support Operations in production of steel products
- Disposition of held material
- Corrective action investigation and root cause analysis as required based on product performance
- Continuous improvement activities
- Working with Customer Technical Services, Operations and Inside Sales among other groups
- Bachelor Degree (any engineering discipline)
- 3 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Quality control and inspection experience.
- 5 years experience in manufacturing environment, preferably steel or other heavy industry.
- Inspection experience with flat rolled steel.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Service
- Heavy Industry