Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today [ Link removed ]
Position Specific Description
Hybrid and Flex schedule available and varies based on department and business needs
Anytime between Monday - Friday from 7:00am - 5:00pm with extended hours as necessary.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver objective, reliable, and timely risk management oversight to a complex credit portfolio. Individual supports the identification, analysis, and mitigation of current and emerging risks from this portfolio. The role’s objective is to minimize customer write-offs by optimizing credit risk policies and procedures. You will work independently and in a lead capacity with a team of business analysts on projects and procedures relating to extending customer credit, security deposit policies, payment extension policies, and bankruptcies. This position reports into the Credit Risk team of FPL’s Revenue Management group.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Perform credit analysis on commercial customers based on internal metrics and third-party credit information services
• Perform financial statement analysis on businesses as needed
• Recommend deposit billing or waiver based on credit evaluation to minimize risk of write-off
• Recommend credit limits for high exposure accounts (e.g., biodiesel sales)
• Keep abreast of credit trends and business failures by industry to inform credit recommendations
• Take lead role in special projects including financial evaluations, NPV analyses, determining impact to
earnings and make recommendations based on findings
• Undertake process improvement projects which may include system enhancements or robotics process
automation (RPA) solutions
• Identify business requirements for system enhancements or RPA projects
• Work with IT on project implementations
• Consult with other business units on credit-related matters
• Evaluate vendor proposals related to credit scoring, or non-cash security-related products
• Develop and support deposits forecast
• Monitor dynamic retail portfolio for risk exposure and conduct data analysis supporting credit initiatives to identify and implement process improvement
• Knowledge of analytics and data investigation using SQL or other database programs languages to obtain actionable insights
• Others as assigned
The ideal candidate should have financial analysis/modeling, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Intermediate
knowledge of MS Access and MS PowerPoint, effective problem-solving skills, good organizational skills,
attention to detail, highly effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact with all levels of
Energize your career, apply now!
Employees in this role support senior management decision making via financial modeling and analysis, including but not limited to, revenue requirements and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis, and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
- Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
- Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 4+ years
- Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
- Accounting Control
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Certified Public Accountant