Element has an opportunity for a Level III Non-Destructive Testing Technician to safely perform liquid penetrant inspection and magnetic particle inspection, and qualified ultrasonic testing and X-Ray unit radiography for our customers, typically performed in our local laboratory. Work is to be performed in accordance with established Safety and QA procedures, as well as customer specifications and requirements. May also perform routine testing in other areas of the lab.
Skills / Qualifications
- Read and understand specifications and create proper inspection techniques
- Conduct a variety of inspections using established methods. Most tasks are performed in the laboratory
- Interprets, evaluates and documents test results; oversees work performed by trainees and Level 1 technicians
- Prepares test specimens, sets up and adjusts test equipment and records test data
- Maintain related test equipment, tools, and machinery in good working condition
- HS diploma or GED certificate preferred. College or vocational school coursework welcomed
- 5-10 years PT / MP testing experience required
- SNT-TC-1A and NAS410 or ASNT Certifications in liquid penetrant and magnetic particle
- SNT-TC-1A and NAS410 or ASNT Certifications in ultrasonic testing a plus
- Analyzes and compiles testing data from the tests performed
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Commodity Market
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Test Equipment
- Asnt Non Destructive Tester