The project will be the Barking Riverside Extension and is working in the Station and Civils team.
We are in the fit-out stage of the station delivery and commencing handover of the south viaduct.
MPD adopts a one team approach that shares resources to deliver projects efficiently. As the role will cover project work across all modes within MPD, the job holder should be flexible in terms of movement and location of work to successfully deliver assigned projects.
Responsibility for project management of small work packages or assisting project managers with the implementation of larger projects including day-to-day management of external contractors / suppliers. This includes management of TfL obligations and of principal contractors, PFI suppliers or other third party suppliers to ensure delivery of projects on behalf of TfL to meet the needs of its customers.
* Responsible for delivery of project/programme workstream activity and assigned work packages in the wider context of the overall project or programme.
* Supports various project delivery activities with the assigned project or programme on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to issue resolution, progress reporting, risk management, budget management and on-schedule achievement of project deliverables.
* Responsible for identifying emerging issues, problems or variance to the agreed project objectives, plan, budget and scope and where appropriate, providing recommendations and escalate to the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager for potential courses of action.
* Responsible for supporting the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager in their project reporting and governance accountabilities, including but not limited to progress reporting, risk and issue management, budget and financial management, planning and scheduling and document control.
* Responsible for supporting the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager in building effective relationships with the project Sponsor team and other key stakeholders.
* Works in accordance of the TfL PPM Methodology (Pathway)
* Responsible for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and contributing to the Health and Safety culture
The Assistant Project Manager role is generic across the organisation and as such is embedded in a variety of departments requiring often additional skills set and/or experience. This job description sets out the basic requirements of the role but may be supplemented by an appendix that clarifies in more detail the area of work and responsibilities the jobholder could be involved in.
- Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting. - Knowledge and understanding of project controls tools and techniques. - Knowledge of Network Rail standards and processes - Understanding of TfL project and programme management methodologies and processes. - Degree or equivalent qualification (desirable) - A professional qualification in project management e.g APMP or Prince2 (desirable)
Experience of supporting project delivery especially in the identification and escalation of issues and/or trends.
Experience of personal responsibility and accountability for working in high pressure teams and delivering to time, budget and quality.
Significant experience of delivering packages of work within projects.
Experience of station fit-out projects and project handover.
P Rojects In Controlled Environments Version 2 (Prince2)