If you are a Principal Hardware Engineer professional looking to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Eden Prairie, MN location, you will join a global engineering and development team, designing and developing online and portable devices, for industrial process applications, including the following:
Vibration / spectral data acquisition, filtering, monitoring, and analysis
Pervasive industrial sensing
Wired and wireless data communications between devices and systems, including the use of radios and associated protocols
Field instrumentation configuration, calibration, and troubleshooting
AS A PRINCIPAL HARDWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Provide technical leadership to project and product teams for both new product development and existing product support
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team
- Review and provide input on designs and hardware work products
- Specification and Concept
- Conduct specification and concept validation investigations
- Create detailed hardware design specifications
- Participate in defining hardware scope of work, and developing plans and schedules
- Architecture and Design
- Create / provide input to system architecture plans
- Perform technical research to identify and evaluate possible circuit concepts
- Perform detailed hardware design, analysis, and PCB layout
- Evaluate system hardware designs against design specifications, manufacturability, and conformance to mechanical, environmental, safety, and compliance requirements
- Participate in architecture and system reviews across functional groups
- Implementation, Test, and Compliance
- Implement hardware design and components
- Participate in design and circuit board layout reviews
- Verify compliance to ensure that the design addresses all relevant standards
- Coordinate / develop prototype builds
- Define test specifications
- Oversee / execute / support integration testing to verify all circuits work together as an overall system and work properly with embedded software
- Support system test with test organization
- Oversee / execute / support compliance testing
- Work with Compliance agencies to ensure compliance and to obtain the appropriate certifications and approvals
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers to ensure manufacturability, and support the implementation of manufacturing fixtures and testing
- Maintenance and Customer Support
- Work with product support team to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve product hardware issues
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of product technologies, engineering tools, etc.
- Provide input for technical manuals and user documentation as required
WHO YOU ARE:
You stay on top of new technologies. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You engage in team collaboration and drive for results. You make learning a priority.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 6 years of applicable experience, or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 years of applicable experience
- Experience with all phases of product design from concept through implementation
- Expertise in design & implementation of complete products/processes/projects
- Expertise in analog and/or digital electronics design and development
- Expertise in printed circuit board design and layout
- Experience with prototyping and troubleshooting circuits
- Demonstrated ability to meet project schedules
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience in microprocessor-based designs for embedded applications.
- Expertise in analog to digital conversion, low noise signal conditioning and/or digital signal processing
- Experience with radio design and working with antennas
- Experience using CAD and other tools for schematic design and PCB layout
- Leadership skills in leading design teams
- Expertise with designing for Intrinsic Safety
- Compliance experience including working with international hardware, safety, and environmental standards and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Digital Signal Processing