CI&S Supervisor Job Description
The Completion, Intervention, and Subsea (CI&S) Supervisor is a rotational position that reports directly to the Wells Superintendent. The Supervisor is accountable for leadership to support delivery of safe & compliant offshore operations during the execute stage of completion/intervention operations. The CI&S Supervisor provides leadership during new well completions as well as intervention jobs. The supervisor also supports onshore job planning & preparation. When offshore, the Supervisor provides input to the wellsite leaders and broader team on completion, intervention, and subsea related topics.
CI&S Supervisor Accountabilities
- Lead safe & compliant new well completion & intervention jobs.
- Accountable for managing CI&S operational risk and HSE performance on site within the framework of the rig / vessel safety management system.
- Assure conformance with BP Wells Policies & Procedures and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Hold service providers accountable for safe and efficient execution.
- Test effectiveness of barriers through self verification and oversight (SV&O).
- Lead Well Control preparedness during completion/intervention activities and hold regular Well Control drills.
- Participate in incident investigations as needed.
- Participate in well planning to provide technical input into programs and support crew engagement sessions as needed.
- Conduct onshore witnessing for equipment assembly make-up & testing, or equipment design reviews when required
- Participate in HAZOP process as needed.
- Along with wellsite leaders, coordinate equipment & personnel logistics to rig for C&I activity.
- Provide input to daily BP Open Wells report, and daily operational reports.
- Supervise rig-site preparation and execution of completion and intervention activity.
- Minimum 12 years of global oil & gas experience with emphasis on Well Intervention, Well Integrity, Drilling, Completion, or Subsea engineering and field operations of which some should be with a major operator and/or service provider
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience with demonstrated well intervention and completion leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise managing field operations (slick line, e-line, coil, fluid pumping, rig work overs, gravel pack completions)
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (written & spoken) as well as safety leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Demonstrated implementation of risk assessment processes
- Stand-alone supervision for gravel pack and/or frac pack completions, slick line, e-line, coil tubing interventions
- Valid Supervisory Well Control Certificates for both drilling (subsea and surface) and well servicing. (WellSharp or IWCF L4)
- BOSIET or T-HUET
Our role in supporting diversity
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Field Operations
- Offshore Work
- Oil And Gas