Reporting to the Director, Project Accounting the Manager, Project Accounting will play a critical role in the accounting team and will assist in managing the general accounting, financial reporting and other related processes that provide management with timely and accurate month end closes, The Manager Project Accounting is expected to oversee senior accountants but will also work extensively with the entire accounting team as well as other internal departments.
- Responsible for the accounting and financial statements for Wind and/or Solar project sites;
- Participate and oversee the month-end, quarterly and annual financial close processes with an emphasis in meeting all deadlines, reviewing staff’s journal entries, reports and reconciliations.
- Coordinate with internal departments to prepare variance analysis;
- Review/monitor general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of financial statements;
- Monitor and improve upon internal controls to ensure SOX compliance;
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed within the department, within a broader finance environment and/or cross-functionally;
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed and serve as a resource on accounting matters
- Work directly with the external audit firm on deliverables
- Effective project management skills. Able to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Call on past experiences, industry trends, new technology to identify opportunities to improve and streamline processes;
- Foster a strong customer service culture across the functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and robust interpersonal skills.
- Travel expectation 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA/CA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other ERP, with the ability to learn new software;
- Experience in publicly traded companies, preferred.
- Financial Statements
- Project Accounting
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Internal Controls
- Analysis Of Variance
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance