In this role, the Hardware Design Engineer will complete all hardware design activities in compliance with all Project Management Office processes and procedures. He/she will be responsible for the hardware part of the automation system, including system architecture, cabinet design, network and field in system interfaces. Also, this person will work closely with the project manager and the hardware lead engineer, as well as with the supply chain assembly center.
- Project Execution – take ownership of the Engineering activities for allocated work packages whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard. Review costs, record, analyse and perform changes, internally or externally generated;
- Communications – ensure that local team members, are provided with all necessary and relevant information – detailed design, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work;
- Procurement – support the Senior Lead Engineer or Lead Engineer in the development of the BOM. Follow up on project and cabinets materials delivery, evaluate project impact and proactively find suitable solution to maintain commitments to customer;
- Execute Hardware internal testing, Factory Acceptance Tests, and startup according to internal procedures;
- Quality control – ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved;
- Internal knowledge transfer – actively share knowledge and experience with the Cluj Engineering team and the wider organisation. Identifies, develop, and implement process updates;
- Small/Medium Projects – where the business determines the scope of a project does not justify having a Senior Engineer and a Hardware Engineer, then the Hardware Engineer will undertake project execution responsibility;
- Other Duties – Perform other additional specific duties, when requested by the business. These will, typically, be strategic in nature but could potentially be anything that the post holder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.