Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Accountant within our Fixed Assets Accounting group based in Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for:
- Performing assets retirements and transfers
- Preparing monthly and quarterly PP&E/DDA reports
- Reconciling PP&E activity and balances from Sub-ledger to General Ledger Monthly
- Responding to PP&E/DDA requests from Domestic Tax Department, Oil & Gas Operations, Internal/External Auditors, and other Financial Departments
- Executing month end closing activities
- Preparing annual ARO calculation
- Performing special assignments as requested by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-10 years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong Analytical Skills; including US GAAP knowledge
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management
- Able to work overtime during peak demands
- SAP Experience
- SQL Developer Experience
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles