We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
As Mechanical Engineer – Electrical Routing Integration (ERI), you role is:
- To perform Electrical Routing Integration (ERI) (Electrical cubicles and Harnesses / Cable tray / Routing) activities and deliverables on projects and tenders in compliance with QCD commitments.
- To apply applicable Electrical Routing Integration (ERI) Domain instructions, processes & tools.
YOUR MISSION :
Accountable for :
- Performing 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables for Electrical Routing Integration Domain activities in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Defining requirements and mechanical & Electrical interfaces, to Equipment, Cubicles Harnesses, Cable Tray & Junction Box (Allocated volume, weight, location, Astom standard parts, etc.).
- Ensuring consistency of Mechanical & Electrical interfaces, compliance with requirements on ERI Domain scope.
- Helping Train Electrical Engineer to prepare and document ERI Domain Design Reviews
- Updating 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables on ERI Domain taking into account change Requests.
- Checking Electrical Routing Sub-systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
- Realizing Bill of Material.
- Applying Train Electrical (TE) rules, processes and tools (single domain) and ensuring ERI Domain deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- Managing production of deliverables in accordance with Planning targets on the Electrical Routing Integration Domain activities assigned work packages.
- Designing products taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
- Integrating and validating the Harnesses Design done by the Center of Excellence Electrical.
- Integrating the linked métier requirements: Advanced Industrialization, Harness designer, EMC, and Maintainability.
- Checking respect of Allocated volumes/interfaces (no-clashes) on internal design.
- Resolving Project Mechanical issues for Electrical Routing and following challenging actions (single domain)
- Reporting on the ERI Domain activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting
achievement of QCD commitments.
- Respecting and/or allocating requirements, and mechanical & Electrical interfaces, to equipment & cubicles (Allocated volume, weight, location, Alstom standard parts, etc.)
- Analysing and consolidating change request impacts on ERI Domain scope.
- Validating relevant ERI Domain deliverables and securing planning.
Knowledge & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including third parties in an international environment
- Time management and reporting skill.
- 3D Modelling, drawing rules and stack-up analysis
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
Diploma & Tools
- Bac+5 minimum or equivalent
- Catia v5 : Solid, Surfacic, Sheet Metal Work (SMW)
- Digital Mock-up : DMA 2.2 or DMA 2.3 or equivalent (Smarteam, 3DCOM, etc.)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills