: Stephanie Jones
832 454 7889
713 930 0809
[ Email address blocked ]
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Location: Freeport Texas
- As a member of this team, contribute positively to assist in the development of an organization which embraces a commitment to safety and environmental best practice, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- This position will be responsible for providing technical knowledge of the day-to-day operations and maintenance activities of the Facility. The main focus will be supporting optimization of the entire value chain from natural gas treatment to liquefaction and export and assisting the LNG team in driving continuous improvement and Operational excellence.
- This position will be required to utilize engineering documents, collected field data and communications, monitor and assess Key Performance Indicators, production schedules, energy usage, ship scheduling, etc. to effectively monitor the respective facility's overall performance.
- The individual will be highly involved in hands on activities and develop a close working relationship with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering personnel.
- As a member of the team, contribute positively to assist in the development of an organization which embraces a commitment to safety and environmental best practice, continuous improvement and teamwork
- 10+ years of direct work/high level functional knowledge and experience in Large Scale Liquefaction Facility
- Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree in Process Technology
- Minimum Experience Required: 5+ years experience in an LNG, NGL or chemical plant
- Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering
Essential Functions & Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will be based at either the Freeport Facility and may be required to travel to satellite facilities.
- This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid, unexpired driver license at all times in order to perform the essential functions of the job
- Will have a key role in supporting the operations staff
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the Liquefaction Terminal or Pre-treatment Facility, Storage Trucking and the Underground Natural Gas Storage facilities
- Implement the operation standards through detailed procedures and defined workflow processes
- Track and support closure of all Process Incident reports involving process trips and upsets at all facilities
- Participate in risk reviews, PSSRs, HazOps, or other activities as directed
- Initiate MOCs, coordinating with key stakeholders to drive completion
- Review Operating Procedures
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Engineering on resolutions to day-to-day production related issues
- As a member of the Production team, contribute positively and assist in the development of an organization which embraces a commitment for safety and environmental best practice, continuous improvement and teamwork
- Delivery of Operation and Production Excellence
- Ensure operational safety through participation in safety meetings and in the field with the workforce.
- Work closely with Operations Superintendents, Specialists, Supervisors, and Permit Coordinators to ensure global communication between all facilities
- Acquire a strong understanding of the Energy Balance system at all sites.
- Work closely with the Operations department to ensure nominated daily gas volumes, production goals and reporting protocols are met
- Responsible for issuing daily and monthly unit reports
- Develop and deliver daily operation directives in coordination with the Operations and Maintenance Superintendents
- Play a key role in developing and implementing operational and maintenance activities during planned outages.
- Maintain high-quality working relationships with both operations and maintenance departments
- Update Operations reports monthly as applicable to the position.
- May act as back-up for the Operations Specialists during scheduled/unscheduled absences.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by facility management.
- Identify problems, troubleshoot, produce documents and justifications for plant wide improvements in process, maintenance and operations leading to a more efficient and productive facility.
- Interface daily with Technical Staff
- Strong commitment and adherence to PSM standards
- Strong organizational/time management skills and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with different departments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to run static or dynamic simulations preferred
- Experienced in the use of PC equipment and software including Windows and MS Office products
- Strong analytical skills
- Active learner
- Self-starter/motivated, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure, handle stress and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong commitment to HSE with the ability to inspire and lead others
- Must be able to wear all necessary PPE equipment to perform job functions.
- Operates in an industrial plant environment
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes. Possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and electrical circuits
- Exposure to constant, or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
- Routinely uses standard office and field communications equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers w/scanner and fax, and radios
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. as required in order to lift files, boxes and office equipment as necessary
- Ability to drive to other Company work locations as required
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift
- The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Physically able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this role, the incumbent will be required to talk and hear.
- May be required to enter confined spaces
- May be required to work at elevated heights
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring