LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 52601
Why you should join us:
Are you interested in being exposed to a broad range of Custom Development platforms and enhancing your experience with Software development Lifecycle (SDLC) and DevOps tools and applications? We are looking to hire two individuals to support our Suncor and Outsourced Management Services teams in a variety of daily activities ranging from small enhancements of operational projects to planning portfolio deliveries with our Digital Architecture team. In this role, you will gain the opportunity to oversee the effective utilization of Outsourced Managed Services contract outcomes and facilitate, refine, and plan the execution of Solution Delivery requirements.
You will use your expertise to:
- Deliver subject matter expertise in Custom Code Development technologies
- Design and implement processes to improve the working of organization with multiple vendors to optimize the overall delivery and reliability
- Retain critical technical knowledge in house to reduce long term operational risk
- Point of Escalation and manage the process for resolution of critical high priority issues in production systems
- Involvement with other D&IT teams and business to drive improvements as required by Suncor
- Responsible for involvement in projects impacting Basis area
- Management of multiple complex areas of delivery with intensive technology focus
- Manage and retain hard to find Skills area
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 10 years Custom development and with technical leadership in the area
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Computer Science
- Min 5+ up to 8 yrs Programming experience using Python, VBA, VB.Net, C and other Custom engineering solutions , Database management in a wide arrange of platforms including SDE, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server
- Strong people management, Communication and decision-making abilities to Organize and lead efforts
- Experience with multiple go-live implementations.
- Experience with all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); installation, upgrades, patching, system landscape management, technical testing.
- Basic understanding of underlying database, operating system and hardware platforms.
- Integration skills to work with technical teams; database, Unix, windows, network, storage, development, functional.
- Experience with Outsource relationships
- Good operational understanding of a large-scale organization with Oil and Gas Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click [ Link removed ] . #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a [ Link removed ] that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on [ Link removed ] mean tremendous potential for the future. [ Link removed ]
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Sql (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)