The Product Sustainability Manager provides primary leadership for product stewardship globally across Eaton’s Industrial Sector for the Aerospace, eMobility and Vehicle Groups.
Essential Functions of this role include:
- Provides hands-on leadership of cross-organizational Global Substance Governance Council - objective is to develop, deploy, and maintain strategies to mitigate the business impact of regulated hazardous substances. Develops, deploys, and maintains an obsolescence management strategy for regulated substances across applicable global environmental regulations.
- Represents Industrial Sector on key industry association groups (e.g., SIA, ASD, AEM, AIA, IAEG); advises Global Substance Governance Council and communicates to sector/group leadership on compliance objectives and the impact to the business.
- Directs a team of 10-15 Product Stewardship Representatives across EMEA sites to implement compliance plans in accordance with European Union REACH, SCIP, and other regulations – provides on-site support and influence of senior operations, supply chain, EHS, and other functional leaders.
- Provides subject matter expertise with the engineering design and development process for product stewardship compliance (DFE) and engineering trade compliance, and training other functions. Lead the development and deployment of relevant product stewardship and engineering trade compliance processes, standards and training.
- Partners and aligns the product stewardship function, and provides technical expertise, to assist business units in developing and implementing processes, procedures, and systems that ensure product stewardship compliance, utilizing EBS tools with implementation and execution. Drives and directly influences a culture of compliance within business leadership through consistent and professional communication and actions from the product stewardship function.
- Leverage subject matter expertise and cross-functional teams to develop and implement product stewardship strategy for the Industrial Sector; translate into specific goals, OFIs, and focus areas, aligned with plants / operations / businesses.
- Build organizational capability and talent pipeline through the product compliance function by identifying, assessing and developing key functional competencies across Industrial Sector.
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering or related technical discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Environmental Studies)
- 8 years of working experience
- Global environmental regulations experience
- Knowledge of product engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
- Subject matter expert of global environmental regulations
- Experience in Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma (DFSS Black Belt).
- Design for Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Experience leading global project/program teams for product stewardship
- Experience leading a global governance, risk and compliance function with specific focus on developing and implementing a product stewardship strategy
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – including the leadership presence and interpersonal savvy to influence senior operating and functional leaders. Passionate change leader with high energy and the ability to work effectively across a complex, global organization.
- Possess the ability to resolve issues on all levels. Must proactively recognize and solve complex cross-functional program issues.
- Expertise in understanding technical specifications, product performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $128,640- $176,880 a year. Eligible for an annual performance-based incentive plan with a target at 21% of base salary.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Six Sigma Methodology
Engineering Design Process