Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Familiar with the Routine Maintenance Process to understand workflow and work order management practices.
- Set priorities on mechanical maintenance activities to assure continuing plant operations with minimum downtime while maintaining responsibility for Key Maintenance Measures (adherence, overtime, downtime, call-outs, backlog, HRTF) in assigned unit.
- Coordinate with Production, Technical and other Maintenance groups to ensure accurate and efficient completion of maintenance activities.
- Assign jobs and provide field supervision to maintenance technicians on daily work activities as well as plant outages through the Maintenance Excellence Program.
- Lead and coach the maintenance technicians to ensure that through proper training all work is preformed according to job plan.
- Manage backlog of work orders to maintain plant reliability.
- Ensure compliance with Preventive Maintenance (PM) system regarding plant assets for rotating and fixed equipment.
- Evaluate and assure material requisitions, work plans, and schedules are being utilized as planned.
- Track equipment repair progress to ensure plant reliability and capability meets production schedule.
- Participate in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements and efficiency, and cost control improvements.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred. Including a good working knowledge of equipment, materials, techniques, and safeguards in respective discipline for maintenance and construction.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in a supervisor role is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Process Improvements (Business)