We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Carbody Design Engineer in Crespin, FRANCE.
As Carbody Design Engineer, you will join our Electrical Organization as a specialist in the electrical train interface & for the aspects of the train design.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
- Performing the calculation discipline activities and producing associated deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Modelling and storing allocated volumes and interfaces for sub-systems / components in Digital Mock-Up.
- Performing Detailed Design on internal sub-systems.
- Filling-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.)
- Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on assigned scope.
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews
- Updating Digital Mock-Up taking into account Change Requests.
- Checking CADs' and sub-contractor's Design Quality
- Realizing stack-up analysis.
- Realizing Bill of Material.
- Performing discipline activities and deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Applying discipline rules, processes and tools and ensuring discipline calculation deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal) within committed limits.
- Suggesting design improvements of calculated parts
- Preparing and documenting calculation discipline Reports according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Reporting on calculation discipline activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Managing calculation discipline FEA engineers on Project (external).
- Perform quotation of engineering workpackage , upon request
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS)
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Collaborating with MDL for continuous improvement of the Domain (including RoE)
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Business Process Improvement
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mechanical Engineering