THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Responsible for completing the design day forecasts normal volume requirements by month and daily forecasts requirements by load study throughout the enterprise.
2. Responsible for comparing actual volumes to forecasted volumes to determine variance and further analyze variance by each component (i.e. resulting from weather difference number of customers etc.) annually for peak/design day and monthly forecasts.
3. Responsible for modifying forecasts as necessary and communicating those revisions to appropriate personnel to be utilized in revising supply purchase and storage plans.
4. Provides each business division regulatory support including processing data requests preparing testimony and testifying before state commissions.
5. Evaluates transportation and storage capacity to ensure ability to meet peak days.
6. Evaluates and optimizes transportation portfolio considering alternative transportation options upstream pipeline capacity and market changes that could affect the portfolio.
7. Responsible for working with engineers and operations to evaluate local production opportunities.
Things the ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience with Machine Learning such as Azure
- Ability to perform analyses involving ratios, statistical methods, regression analysis
- Knowledge/experience with the use of commercial business software and computer programming language to create complex document report, spreadsheets and graphics
Educational/Experience Level:Bachelor's degree in mathematics or related field and five years of related experience in natural gas industry; or equivalent.
Communication Skills:Requires the ability to communicate persuade and/or influence internal and/or external customers at a high level such as senior management on matters of a technical and/or complex nature.
Numeric Skills:Requires strong mathematical background with the ability to perform analyses involving ratios percentages statistical methods and regression analysis.
Computer Skills:Requires extensive knowledge of various software applications to create complex documents reports spreadsheets and graphics.
Work Conditions:Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability or veteran status.