THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Reviews and understands state and federal regulations and how they apply to natural gas operations and communicates and makes recommendations related to implementing measures to promote and maintain compliance for air water and solid waste matters.
2. Collaborates and establishes environmental plans practices policies and procedures across the enterprise.
3. Instrumental in the development creation and implementation of sustainable business practices for the enterprise focused on:
- Reducing Atmos Energy’s environmental footprint by minimizing waste and emissions
- Development of GHG emissions reduction targets and programs and
- Further Atmos Energy’s environmental stewardship and ethical environmental practices generally.
4. Collaborates with communications and investor relations to develop communications to investors to discuss Atmos Energy’s Environmental initiatives as part of the Company’s Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) implementation efforts.
5. Meets and communicates regularly with divisions and shared service stakeholders to maintain effective communications and exchange of information.
6. Participates in regulatory reviews industry committees and stakeholder meetings to help develop enterprise practices and policies and maintain compliance.
7. Interprets complex regulatory language for better understanding and communication with stakeholders. Suggested language: Works with Legal on analysis of regulations applicable to company operations and communicates requirements to internal stakeholders.
8. Works with federal and state officials on environmental policy and regulatory matters.
9. Oversees the procedures and practices when responding to environmental accidents.
10. Establishes regulatory compliance procedures to ensure all reports permits renewals and correspondence are accurately kept and transmitted on time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEducational/Experience Level:1. Professional Engineering Bachelor's degree in Engineering Environmental Science Geoscience/Geology or a closely related field.2. Ten years of progressively responsible related environmental experience with a natural gas utility midstream pipeline company or consulting experience focusing on the operations of such companies. 3. Active licensure status through boards of professional specialization is considered desirable but not required.4. Experience with pipeline construction projects and navigating issues related to the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) jurisdiction air permitting hydro water discharge metal and oil disposal frack farming asbestos abatement with relation to pipelines the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Acts (SARA) superfund sites and other pollution properties the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) Storm Water Protection Plans and environmental credits.5. Experience navigating or participating in investigations and potential remedial activities under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) CERCLA the Solid Waste Disposal Act and the Underground Storage provisions of the Energy Policy Act as well as familiarity with the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) is considered desirable but not required.Communication Skills:Requires exceptional ability to communicate verbally with internal and external audiences; must possess excellent writing skills.Numeric Skills:Requires the ability to apply research methods algorithms calculus and/or advanced statistical and/or accounting methods.Computer Skills:Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications to create complex documents reports and graphics.Work Conditions:Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability or veteran status.