Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Location: Atkinson, NE
Summary: This EHSS facility position supports EHSS and PSM compliance for the ethanol plant at which it is based. This position works under immediate supervision of Safety Compliance. Responsibilities include assisting with employee training, using monitoring and test equipment, gathering data, preparing reports, and updating environmental management plans. The primary goal is ensuring plant compliance with all regulatory criteria to support company-wide excellence in environmental, health, and safety management. This includes all year end and routine data collection and file/record management, for EHSS and PSM compliance. Responsibilities also include training on educational materials, inspecting company facilities, and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations. This position ensures compliance with EHSS policies and applicable regulations through partnership with local management at each facility as well as the other corporate support roles.
- Will prepare, manage, and seek to improve a facility EHSS budget
- Conduct/coordinate/support Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) training in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Duties as defined on the EHSS Routine Duty Master List and Calendars
- Conduct Leak Detection and Repair monitoring, data input and report generation at assigned plants to ensure compliance with applicable Subpart VV and VVa monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Conduct inspections using established checklists to document compliance with environmental or safety requirements
- Collect environmental samples (soil, air, water, waste, etc) as directed.
- Conduct monthly verifications of the levels of cal gas
- Air monitors, LDAR Gasses, CEMS Gasses
- Maintain spare parts
- Maintain working at all times
- Collect safety compliance information, conduct equipment inspections, and provide employee safety support.
- Review, maintain, file safety permits (CS/LOTO/HW)
- Promote EHSS awareness at the plant and monitor for EHSS compliance.
- Provide support for the EHSS committees at sites where needed.
- Communicate with Safety Compliance and follow through with their directions, suggestions and concerns.
- Assist Corporate EHSS staff in developing and implementing policies and procedures to go above and beyond those required by local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to EHSS.
- Provide support for investigations for EHSS/PSM related incidents and near misses.
- Follow-up and track corrective actions for incidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date records at all times to comply with inspections by state and federal agencies.
- Keep all regulatory related records and reports on file for the required amount of time.
- Manage the EHSS and PSM libraries, online and in hard copy
- Provide Internal/external audit support and act as the site subject matter expert during audits by providing required records
- Willingness to learn the process of an ethanol plant, the associated environmental permits and regulations, and work in a team atmosphere.
- Other tasks as necessary to support the EHSS/PSM department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations dealing with environmental permitting, air and water quality (Title V a plus), hazardous waste, emergency response and mitigation, water use and discharge, storm water, leak detection and repair, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, risk management and facility response plans. Knowledge of process safety management and OSHA general industry standards a plus but not mandatory.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with developing and using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Ability to lead by example
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to traverse rough ground, climb or descend stairs and ladders while carrying equipment (weighing up to 25 lbs) and to work at heights or in enclosed spaces
- Work includes both an office and outdoors in all seasons.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Limited, periodic travel can be expected up to 15%
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Collection