Bloom Energy is a leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager Policy, New Markets to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Vice President for Policy and will be remotely-based in the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes Region (MI, WI, MN, IL, IN, OH).
Additional Note: The successful candidate will be responsible for advancing Bloom Energy’s policy objectives by representing the company before policymakers, legislators, utility representatives, partners, and customers. The right candidate will be self-motivated, well organized, a team player, and able to manage the demands of multiple simultaneous projects. He/she should be a skilled writer and communicator who can effectively initiate and maintain relationships with senior management, regulators, and industry organizations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and advocate for policies to advance the clean energy transition
- Represent Bloom Energy in front of ranking state and local policymakers
- Proactively search for and/or advocate for policy initiatives that represent new business opportunities
- Communicate the economic, environmental, and social benefits of non-combustion technologies, energy resiliency, and renewable fuels like biogas and hydrogen.
- Manage regulatory processes including monitoring regulatory developments, defining policy strategy, and drafting and submitting public comments
- Able to appreciate the nuances of detailed regulatory proceedings and communicate key issues at an executive level to Bloom leadership and customers
- Conduct and effectively report policy analysis to support Bloom’s multi-state policy and regulatory team
- Develop messaging materials and quantitative analyses to be presented to senior government officials and other stakeholders
- Serve as a subject matter expert on policy and incentive issues in support of the sales process in relevant jurisdictions
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in energy and/or climate policy
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills under time pressure; ability to portray complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and deliver successful outcomes at a rapid pace in unstructured workplace
- Ability to thrive in dynamic work environment
- 8+ years professional experience
- Understanding of regulatory processes in relevant jurisdictions
- Must be detail oriented and a good multi-tasker
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Familiarity with clean energy issues including distributed generation, microgrids, utilities, alternative fuels, etc.
- Candidates with a working knowledge of environmental justice issues and familiarity with the environmental justice movement preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy is working to address both the causes and consequences of climate change. Our Energy Servers provide clean and reliable power for microgrids today and are readily adaptable to utilize renewable fuels tomorrow. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
- Attention To Detail
- Self Motivation
- Team Working
- Energy Policy
- Distributed Generation