Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6376177636512.
Cost Reduction Engineers (North & South Regions) :
Linde Gases US is in search of motivated, self-starting individuals to join its cost reduction team. In this role, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to use his/her technical abilities to develop creative technical solutions to improve plant efficiencies, increase capacity, and improve reliability. Candidates will also develop proposals for solutions and provide financial justification to gain approval of funding.
This position is highly visible within the organization and success depends on the individual's ability to develop strong working relationships with business management, operations personnel, engineering teams, and project execution to get projects authorized and meet productivity goals.
2 Positions Open
1 Flexible work location with Tonawanda, NY or East Chicago, IN being preferred
1 Flexible work location with Tonawanda, NY and Woodlands, TX being preferred
The Cost Reduction Engineers is accountable for :
- Developing ideas and concepts into financially and technically feasible projects
- Detailed benefit analysis and financial justification for proposed projects
- Interface w/ region business management on opportunities and securing project funding
- Working with project execution teams to ensure projects are correctly scoped and installed safely and per design
- Leading the execution of small projects with the support of operations personnel
- Validating and collection of benefits for authorized cost reduction projects
- Producing a target value of annual savings and project authorizations
Desired Experience / Characteristics
- Ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge in Air Separation equipment and process
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities and lead /influence teams
- Willing and able to provide technical support on plant efforts not directly associated with cost reduction
- Must be able to develop an understanding of region business goals related to production and distribution
- Experience with project scoping, cost estimating, project management desired
- Excellent technical and communications skills are a must
- 25% Domestic Travel
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or graduate degree in a field of science
- 10 years engineering experience in equipment design, reliability, maintenance, production, or projects associated with the chemical, industrial gas or refining industries
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Cost Modelling