Local Unit & Position Description
DNV's Energy Markets and Strategy team in is specialized in the design, analysis and modelling of energy markets and their regulation, including strategy and market analysis. It covers the whole range of services from the conceptual design of electricity and gas markets to the economic and commercial analysis of this framework for different energy sector stakeholders and the assessment of energy infrastructure investments and business models. A particular focus lies on the system and market integration of renewable energies, the economics and regulation of renewable gases (hydrogen) and on other technologies facilitating the energy transitions such as electricity storage and smart grids.
DNV's Energy Markets and Strategy team also utilises a comprehensive suite of state-of-the-art tools and models, including our own European Power Market Model, which allow for combined market and network simulations and power price forecasting, supporting clients with investment decision analysis and risk assessments. This service helps clients to use power price forecasts as a consistent basis for negotiations and to develop a much greater understanding of the risk factors and levels impacting projects, so that investment decisions can be made with confidence. Our European Power Market Model uses state-of-art power modelling software and the scenario framework of DNV’s Energy Transition Outlook. The Energy Transition Outlook is our vision of the most likely future of the global energy market based on expertise across the DNV group and on interviews with key industry stakeholders. To help ensure reliability, we regularly review past projections against historical wholesale price development, improving our simulations and resulting forecasts where necessary.
To further enhance our power market modelling services, we are looking for an Experienced Consultant in the field of power market modelling to the earliest possible date. Ideally, you would join the Energy Markets and Strategy team at our office in Bonn (Germany). As DNV’s European Power Market Model is delivered by experts located in various European countries, it would also be possible to join the Energy Markets and Strategy team located in Arnhem (Netherlands).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Experienced Consultant Power Market Modelling, you will:
- Drive the continuous development and expansion of our DNV European Power Market Model together with DNV experts located in various European countries and act as a senior go-to expert for the power market modelling services of DNV
- Conduct and lead consulting projects for clients in Germany and Europe all the way from proposal preparation right through to project delivery for customers
- Act as project manager and key expert in the areas power market and network modelling, power market design/analysis as well as investment decision support
- Lead and significantly support the acquisition of new projects including preparation of proposals and meetings with customers
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to our customers
- Masters degree with major in Electrical Engineering or in Economics, Business Mathematics or Business Engineering with a specialization in energy – ideally supplemented with a PhD
- Expert in power market modelling tools (PLEXOS or similar tools) and software programming
- Several years of relevant experience, gained in consulting, energy sector companies, research institutes, (inter) governmental agencies
- In-depth understanding of European wholesale electricity, ancillary services, fuel and carbon markets, market developments and electricity trading
- Understanding of (DC) load flow analysis, flow-based capacity allocation and frequency control services
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team-player attitude and resilience required
- Excellent English language skills written and spoken
Join us and you will:
Company & Business Area Description
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues who have a high level of education and specialization in a global set up
- Be exposed by demanding customer’s inquiries, in an interesting and challenging international environment with diverse international projects
- Experience exciting challenges and a new way of thinking in the ever-changing energy world
- Have an exciting and attractive working environment with a high degree of individual responsibility which you can actively shape
- Benefit from attractive and individual training and development opportunities and an attractive salary package
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home and in the facilities of our clients)
- Flexible working hours, the weekly working time is 39 hours
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
DNV is an independent global consulting and risk management company, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Business Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering