Requisition ID: 120561
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is currently seeking a senior-level Structural Designer. In this role you will to perform a variety of design and CAD/BIM production tasks related to our civil/structural projects and miscellaneous support for construction activities. The ideal candidate will have at least ten years’ experience in engineering plan production, management of project CAD/BIM teams, and will be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CAD/BIM production practices.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Burnaby, BC office.
• Manage engineering design principles and procedures to perform intricate engineering design work.
• Manage other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development.
• Develop and implement project CAD/BIM standards and take on the role of CAD/BIM Lead for infrastructure projects.
• Communicate effectively and professionally on behalf of the design team with Owners, Clients and design and construction partners with respect to CAD/BIM standards and drawing production.
• Develop plans, drawings, and 3D models; verify all designs meet structural quality and design standards.
• Prepare information needed to develop design drawings; create guidelines, checklists and other knowledge base documents, and mentor other team members in design and drafting techniques.
• Complete geometry verifications and quantity take-offs.
• Manage and file master sets, superseded drawings, and original drawings.
• Lead project meetings and report on overall CAD/BIM team progress on project deliverables.
• Reliably complete project deliverables according to agreed upon schedules.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• 7+ years of experience utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, NavisWorks), and basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Experience creating 3D CAD / BIM models using industry-standard software applications such as Revit, Tekla, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo or similar.
• Demonstrated success as the CAD/BIM Lead for infrastructure projects, managing the CAD/BIM team, and developing and implementing CAD/BIM standards across the project team.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all project team members and stakeholders (internal and external to Kiewit).
• Degree or diploma in drafting, civil engineering or structural engineering technology and at least ten years of related work experience.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Computer Aided Design