In accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, is actively involved with the day-to-day activities in the Human Resources Department. Directly administers or oversees policies, procedures and program interpretation relative to employee relations, organizational development and reporting, selection and recruiting, and basic compensation and benefits. On a daily basis, will handle information that is highly confidential and sensitive.
What You Will Do:
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Supports HR Shared Services model including payroll administration, recruiting, compensation, training and development.
- Provides additional human resources information and analysis for management review and analytical purposes, which may include headcount reports, salary surveys, internal surveys, workforce surveys and analysis, and other HRIS reports as needed.
- Plans, develops and executes base compensation and incentive award programs.
- Produces employee reports relative to organizational staffing, recruiting, turnover, compensation, and relocation.
- May occasionally provide analytical support to members of the Human Resources Department, or require support from staff members.
- Coordinates both new and working applications for work visas and permanent residence with employees and the company designated immigration attorney.
- Supports recruiting process for domestic and international employees. May also coordinate supplemental staffing needs, such as contractors, temporary employees or interns, with department managers as needed.
- Partners with recruitment team to assess the use of employment agencies/search firms and related fees, to ensure the most cost-effective and efficient method of recruiting of qualified candidates is utilized.
- Directs the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable regulatory statutes and employment laws for global workforce. Stays abreast of current labor laws and regulations; serves as a liaison for legal team and leadership to ensure awareness and alignment with employment requirements in locations we operate in.
- Interacts with appropriate management staff to ensure that all human resources related policies and procedures are interpreted and complied with in a consistent manner.
- Conducts exit interviews for terminating employees and makes recommendations to senior management based on interview results as to possible policy changes.
- Assists in the overall employee relocation process providing support to the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Compensation & International Employee Relations.
- Engages and collaborates with parent company’s international Human Resources and Shared Services teams to execute on international transactional and transformational HR functions as required.
- Performs other duties or participates in projects as assigned by Director of Human Resources and Vice President of Human Resources.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience should include extensive hands-on experience and/or training in the following areas:
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Visa Processing (immigrations)
- Human Resources Management/Information Systems (HRM/IS)
- Career Development and Training Management
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be skillful in the use of various PC software programs including MS Office. Must have aptitude to learn new applications as the need arises.
- Must have strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work well under constant deadlines with strong multi-tasking ability.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels of employees and outside clients in a professional and business-like manner.
- Ability to obtain familiarity with the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
It Would Be Nice If You Had
Reports to a Director or Executive level position.
We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times.
ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits
ABS Group proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Group also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity
The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Other
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
The Global Human Resources Manager is actively involved with the day-to-day activities in the Human Resources Department. Directly administers or oversees policies, procedures and program interpretation relative to employee relations, organizational development and reporting, selection and recruiting, and basic compensation and benefits. On a daily basis, will handle information that is highly confidential and sensitive.
- Retention Management
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Performance Management
- Develop Human Capital