Supports Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Commodity by conducting Offline Negotiation activities, Product Notice Change reviews, Alternate Sourcing of component parts, risk assessment of component parts, and commercial auditing of suppliers.
Provides comprehensive analytics support to senior team members of the group in support for complex projects or activities. He/she is also expected to improve existing processes by executing continuous improvement activities.
Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
- Gathers, manipulates and scrub supply chain related data needed as per pre-defined instructions
- Extracts/generates quantitative information from databases using intermediate coding (e.g. tables, basic queries) Ex. Spend, On-hand Quantity, KPI data. Combines extracted data from different system tools in one single database using tables and intermediate queries.
- Analyzes the data and provides recommendation based on findings (e.g. price variance, inventory storages, changes in specs) thru comparative analysis (e.g. comparing actuals vs. historical information)
- Analyzes gathered information, provides gap analysis, data drivers, and risk assessment that will affect business strategies such as NMI, contract, compliance issues and other related issues not limited to such as mentioned above. Recommends alternative solutions in improving supply chain KPI as stated (ex: cost savings, containment, LT etc.)
- Creates supply chain related reports based on standard templates using multiple sources (ES Calendar, Component Pricing Analysis, etc.)
- Conceptualizes report design contents and methodologies based from gathered data and/or analysis for static or dynamic reports (e.g. financial exhibits, KPI metrics, ad hoc reports, and business process improvements projects)
- Modifies/tweaks reports to accommodate additional requirements or to replace outdated process within report to avoid quality issues.
System Support and Maintenance
- Gathers, manipulates and scrubs supply chain related data needed to maintain the business system as per pre-defined instructions under close supervision. Validates and encodes the changes related to the system (e.g. part number, collection plan) and completes the setup based on agreed turn-around-time
- Collects, analyzes, reviews and ensures accurateness of all commercial and engineering (drawings and specification) data that will be used in the offline negotiation.
- Analyzes gathered information & data using diagnostic analytics (trends, abnormalities and outliers) and resolves any identified
- Creates and sends RFQ to supplier, and monitors the progress of the RFQ and supplier issues or concerns
- Negotiate part pricing with supplier to achieve the best cost for that part.
- Responds to basic (e.g. commercial) and complex (e.g. engineering) issues or concerns by providing recommendation and solution.
- Prepares and submits pricing agreement and terms of condition (in the form of Letter of Intent – LOI and Schedule A) to senior or lead engineer.
- Collects, analyzes and reviews the needed data based from the requested requirement (e.g. life cycle, environmental compliance, allowable substitute material, allowable threshold or limit of attributes.)
- Searches for potential alternative parts from internal database or seeks recommendation from current supplier.
- Conducts comparative analysis of product specifications found in online catalog or datasheet from various supplier websites.
- Identifies and recommends alternate parts
- Collects data from engineering drawings and/or datasheet and BOM information (e.g. GED, ENOVIA, EMPRESS, JEEVES, Oracle) and ensures in accurateness.
- Analyzes Product Change Notices and its impact in the design and provide summary report
- Analyzes the part specification to identify the correct commodity code assignment
- Analyzes data and provides risk assessment (e.g. life cycle analysis, technology road map, environmental analysis, compliance-RoHS) for PCA components and PCA). Recommends alternative parts with similar form, fit, and functions if needed.
- Recommends solution for complex issues or concerns (e.g. Life cycle entering EOL, deviation in specification, issues in BOM or engineering drawings, inspection points error). Implement solutions such as ECO or ADR issuance, alternate sourcing, LTB)
- Reviews and/or approves ECO issued by other engineers.
- Escalates issues and concerns to the POC.
Documentation Management and Control
- Creates a new Documented Information related documents and processes (e.g. procedures, forms, templates, manuals, articles, external documented information, etc.) based on the documentation guidelines (e.g. identification, description, format)
- Updates an existing Documented Information related documents and processes (e.g. procedures, forms, templates, manuals, articles, external documented information, etc.) based on the documentation guidelines (e.g. identification, description, format)
- Must be a graduate of Electrical, Electronics and Communications, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2.5 years related working experience in Procurement or Manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical/electronic commodities .
- Fair degree of understanding in the field of Supply Chain
- Knowledgeable in Project Management
- Has skills in Negotiation/influencing
- Advanced functions in MS Excel
- Proficient in other Microsoft office programs: Power Point, Word, Outlook
- Able to Interpret engineering drawings and datasheets (specifications)
- Has good level communication skills for interacting with technical & non-technical people via email or phone correspondence in fluent English
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Process Improvements (Business)