The Opportunity :
We are currently looking for a passionate Engineer to join our Albian Mine Engineering team. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your expertise by supporting the evaluation, development, and execution of mine plans and projects through collaboration with Canadian Natural Mine Operations, Geotechnical Engineering, Maintenance, Process Engineering and Mine Technical Services groups. Your contributions will help support the safe, reliable and cost effective operations of a world class mining facility, guided by Canadian Natural’s Core Value of Safety Excellence.
Key Accountabilities :
- Monitor stewardship to mine and tailings plans, and to Canadian Natural’s regulatory reporting requirements within those plans
- Develop and communicate detailed mine plans and schedules in support of the safe, reliable and cost effective operation of Albian oil sands
- Collaborate design work and project scopes with mine operations and mine planning teams to ensure optimized feasible mine plans
- Develop planning and execution packages for mining projects
- Responsible for maintenance, operation and upkeep of the mining model
- Mine costing and performance reporting
Other Details :
- Job location : Albian Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift schedule : 8 days on, 6 days off – 10 hours/shift
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural's Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Skills & Qualifications :
- Degree in Mine engineering is preferred
- Registered with APEGA, or eligible to register
- 3 years of open pit mining experience; previous experience in oil sands mining preferred
- Experience with mine design and scheduling software
- Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent without mine drive restrictions
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement : "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is April 21, 2021. Apply now!