Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Are you our new colleague?
Within Shore Connection Systems we are developing / supplying complete high power shore connection systems for different vessel types.
Amount that we are supporting within our organisation the electric propulsion team by supplying high voltage switchboards including the protection concept.
We are planning to strengthen our team with a
Project Engineer (m/f/d)
with knowledge to basic electric power components. As a Project Engineer you will work as a technical resource for the EPMS (Electrical and Power Management Systems) team in Hamburg. You will work out technical solutions, best practices, participate in project pre-phase and execution. This is a permanent position.
As a Project Engineer, you will provide basic knowledge and understanding being able to perform engineering and follow up the following:
- High and low voltage switchboards including base understanding of protection devices
- Understanding of how to integrate the switchboards (high voltage) into a complete propulsion system
- Installation practice (design and layout) of high / low voltage cable systems on board of seagoing vessels
- System engineering with responsibility to ensure the quality and functionality of the complete system we are offing
- Support and participate in delivery projects
- Support of purchasing in specifying components needed for shore connection projects
- Support Sales in offering shore connection projects
- Interface with engineering and project management stakeholders internally and in other business units
- SAP system
- Training of our commissioning team / support during commissioning
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electric Power Systems or at least proven established background in systems engineering
- Clear understanding and proven background within electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledge to installation practice of electric power systems on seagoing vessels
- Capability to create technical documentation and standards
- Knowledge to relevant class rules
- Willingness to work in teams
- Wärtsilä SAP
- Fluent in English and German (minimum B2 level)
- Willingness to travel
Why you and us
We have an amazing team with a clear vision on being front runners in the marine market. As part of the team Shore Connection you will be an important contributor to our success and being one of our key experts. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for the growing market of shore connection.
We offer a competitive salary and promote a healthy work life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust.
All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within a global working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 07. April 2022 submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
In case you have questions about the open position, please contact:
General Manager Shore Connection Systems
[ Email address blocked ]
Last application date: 26/09/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our broad portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems delivers the efficiency, reliability, safety, and environmental performance needed to support our customers to be successful. Our offering includes performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ] .
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- High Voltage
- Power Management