Wood is currently recruiting for Discipline Engineer - Electrical with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
The main purpose of the role is to provide electrical engineering support to projects in BGC, the accountabilities include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Leading in the area of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and actively promoting the culture within the organization
- Provide support to Electrical Engineering TA2 to assure technical integrity of BGC projects throughout their life - cycle. This is done through technical support and assurance of the design, construction, and commissioning of projects, such that plant changes are implemented according to appropriate technical standards. Also supports TA2 in preparation of PCAP and DDP for the allocated project sections
- Continually seeks to improve ways of working to improve performance and to improve value delivery to projects and ensures delivery of high quality critical as - built documents and drawings related to their respective asset
- Ensure contractor’s deliverables are as approved Discipline Delivery Plan (at TA3 level accountabilities) and also delegated TA2 approvals, and that these deliverables complies with the BGC Technical Standards Philosophy. Where compliance is lacking, these need to be escalated to TA2 and other relevant authority levels
- Support resolution to interfaces with the Engineering Contractors for a nominated area / facility / Off - plot Infrastructure
- Monitor and report compliance to DEM2 gap assessments and closure plans
- Monitor and report compliance to DEM1
- Provide assurance of integrity in the design of the facilities, specifically electrical systems, and network e.g., re - use or replacement of legacy electrical systems and brown - field sites
- Promote standardization & smart replication in engineering approaches
- Ensure the processes, procedures and tools are used, and ensure their proper implementation by the Engineering Contractor
- Attend and participate in FATs
- Support the implementation of fit for purpose designs for both brownfield and greenfield sites within an organization that has had limited exposure to training and new technologies
- Establish and maintaining a structured mentoring approach to transfer knowledge from expatriate staff to local Iraqi staff
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
Preferred: Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field of electrical engineering.
TA3 with the following competencies:
- Electrical Safety
- Hazardous area equipment selection
- System design and modification
- Electrical system study execution
- Electrical protection and control
- Electrical Standards
- Providing input to construction and Commissioning team.
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering in Oil and Gas Operations is required. Additional experience in the modernization of Brownfields facilities is a plus.
- 3+ years working directly within an EPC environment, including exposure to project standards.
- Knowledge of HSSE framework, DCAF, DEPs, DEM1, DEM2 and International engineering standards, best practices, and systems.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi - disciplinary teams.
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and / or in the front - line oil and gas production operations is desirable.
- Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, i.e., fit - for - purpose solutions and cost effectiveness.
- An HSSE driven mind - set.
- Experience in working in harsh geographical and / or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes) is desirable.
- Working knowledge of all relevant Contract and HSE regulations including procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
- Strong technical foundation with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in a multi - disciplinary team.
Additional comments: Able to provide innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information. Fluent in English (speaking & writing).
Key Competences required:
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and proven track record of being self - motivated and team leadership. Able to work across multiple projects largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure. Good communication and analytical skills are essential.
- The individual must demonstrate to have a genuine respect and appreciation for working and living in a sensitive middle eastern culture.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.