At NOV Wellbore Technologies we know that our greatest asset is our employees. Wellbore Technologies develops the equipment, technologies, and services necessary to maximize the efficiency and economics of oil and gas wells. At NOV, we power the industry that powers the world.
NOV is currently recruiting a Production Painter to be responsible for the efficient and safe execution of preparation, painting and maintenance tasks as assigned. This includes all aspects of painting from the prep work to the cleaning up process.
- Perform surface preparation activities, which include masking and sanding of product prior to painting or sandblasting.
- Perform spray painting functions related preparatory undercoating, preservatives, and lubricants.
- Clean and maintain paint shop equipment such as air lines, fluid lines, paint pots, paint guns and respirators.
- Ensure coatings are clad according to NOV or customer requirements.
- Clean and store empty paint containers for proper disposal.
- Maintain and change paint booth media filters and surface protectant coatings as needed.
- Properly contain hazardous waste generated from normal paint shop operations.
- Under general supervision, spray paint small, component parts prior to assembly and final coating.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Prepares work for finish painting, such as cleaning and masking
- Prepares painting mixtures according to formula.
- Applies finishes by spray.
- Work to be painted frequently requires use of hoist for handling.
- Cleans spray equipment and spray booth.
- Follow all quality, health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Paint and stencil product to customer specifications
- Knowledge of screen design and printing
- Assist inspectors to complete daily/ routine follow-up on accepted, rejected, and concession materials, returned goods, quarantined goods, and scrapped goods.
- Use/operation of forklifts, side-loaders, and pallet jacks in the loading, unloading, and moving of products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a manual labor position, preferred
- Forklift driver, or wilingness to learn to drive a forklift
- Must be fitted for a respirator
- Team Oriented
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 40 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Standing over 65% of the time
- Some Overtime needed
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
- Forklift Truck
- Material Handling
- Abrasive Blasting