In this role, the Electrical & Instrumentation Lead Engineer undertakes the system design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of projects. As member of the Project Management team on a Project he is responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of project related engineering deliverables, utilizing the Emerson Process Management global resources and standards; each deliverable having a requisite quality standard, budget and schedule. Further, the Lead Engineer supports the sales and proposals team in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Supports the relevant Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations;
- Takes ownership of the engineering activities on all allocated deliverables and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard;
- Supports the Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide them with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the Lead Engineer’s allocated engineering deliverables;
- Focal point for all technical communication with the customer for the assigned deliverables and ensures that all team members allocated to the Lead Engineer, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information - details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work;
- Supports the Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager in the development of the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates;
- Understands the scope of work for all allocated engineering deliverables and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope;
- Ensures that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times;
- Supports the Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager in the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team and actively support team members in achieving any personal development objectives that may have been set for the project;
- Actively contributes to any assigned bid activities to ensure that the customer’s requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost effective solutions are proposed;
- Supports the Senior Lead Engineer or Project Manager with respect to the management of the other parties – product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer - that are providing products and services associated with the Lead Engineer’s portfolio of deliverables;
- Acquires, maintains and actively shares knowledge and experience with the engineering team and the wider organization;
- Performs other additional specific duties, when requested by the business.
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation (or any related field);
- 5 years of relevant industry experience with a proven track record managing system design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of projects (process automation, systems and instrumentation);
- Ability and talent to lead a technical team – with leadership experience preferred;
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact and managing expectations;
- Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written); excellent communicator;
- Willingness to travel as required;
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Process Management (Business)