Eaton’sElectrical Division is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join ourteam. This position will be in Pleasanton, CA or any of the other locationsposted.
The purpose of thisposition is to provide project management expertise in electrical, civil,structural and mechanical aspects of large turnkey construction projects. Thisposition is to provide project management expertise to teams of designers,engineers, construction managers and contractors. The Senior Project Manager(PM) is responsible for the overall management and execution of turnkeyprojects. The PM is charged with supporting the sales force, senior projectmanagers and zone manager during the front-end sales process to ensure aseamless transition from quote into execution.
Making what matters work atEaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you canreach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The skills andresponsibilities of this role include:
- Knowledge, understanding, and execution of turnkey projects
- Construction estimating, sales support, and proposal creation
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to work with and manage design teams
- Ability to improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Contingency planning expertise and knowledge
- Ability to create, prioritize and maintain project action item list.
- Ability to identify, assess and manage risk
- Ability to maintain accurate as-built documentation and punch-lists
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly progress reports
- Bachelors degree from accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location(s) listed on this posting. No relocation is being offered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Professional Engineer qualification
- PMP Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
- First Aid and CPR Trained
Position criteria forthis role include:
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera Scheduling software
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint
- OSHA 30 Certification
- First and CPR Trained
- Periodically submit to drug and background screens as required by customers for on-site work
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Product Quality Assurance
Rigging (Sailing Ship)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)