Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work, and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities: Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable, and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future, and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities, or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking, and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Financial Analyst has the day-to-day responsibility for assessing the financial performance of the shared service company (Exelon Business Services Company – BSC) and facilitating communication of results to utilities as well as BSC leadership. This role will support accurate planning, reporting, and analysis of the shared service company financial results – both as related to budgeting and latest forecast. Must be able to fulfill ad hoc requests from various internal and external sources to support decision-making and provide necessary insight to executives, managers, department heads and line personnel. Individual must be flexible, proactive, and able to work with ambiguity. Individual must be able to commit to the time requirements of this position, which may demand extended hours as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide financial analysis and reporting for management on major capital and O&M cost drivers. Forecast performance against goals, plans, and budgets. Bring a financial perspective to daily operations. Prepare and review month-end, quarterly, and full-year forecast, actuals, and budget reporting up to and including: executive reporting packages, monthly financial close packages, quarterly management meeting presentations (25%)
- Support each monthly financial closing (pre- and post-close work). Prepare various periodic reports to communicate performance in areas such as stock compensation and pension. (20%)
- Develop the long-range financial plan in coordination with peer analysts in BSC Finance and Accounting. Present year-over-year and plan-over-plan analyses as well as any utility-focused analyses to senior manager, director, VP, and above. (20%)
- Perform periodic Ad-hoc reporting and analyses. (25%)
- Work with Manger to develop and oversee the work product of more junior financial analysts in the group and provide training and guidance as required. Perform complex special projects at the request of Management. (10%)
- Position reports to Manager
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members as requested
- Solves moderately complex problems
- 4 year degree in a business-related field with 5 to 8 years business-related experience and demonstrated success in finance or business operations.
- Effective financial analysis skills, combined with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to accounting principles, financial metrics and financial statement relationships.
- Working knowledge of Business Operations & industry practices.
- Thorough computer-based analytical skill (e.g. Access, Excel, Power Point, database management).
- Expertise in PeopleSoft and ORACLE financial systems
- Decision Making
- Financial Analysis